National Careers Service
National Careers Service can support your staff to progress in the workplace by offering free, impartial and personalised career advice.
Find out more about the support on offer by visiting its website.
Your business can get support with:
- Workshops: A range of group workshops can be delivered digitally to your employees, including workshops on identifying transferable skills and improving specific skills.
- One-to-one support: National Careers Service can offer each employee an appointment with a qualified careers adviser to help them review their existing skills and strengths and identify ways they can improve these.
- Redundancy: National Careers Service have a proven track record of supporting small, medium and large-scale redundancies. Careers Advisers can help with information on the labour market, funding for learning and job vacancies.
Bespoke Skills focuses on supporting your business or organisation by delivering targeted training crucial to addressing the skills gaps that challenge your growth ambitions. We aim to help you embed high performance and improve productivity, with a particular focus on connecting businesses and people in rural areas to skills.
The offer is adapted to suit your needs with examples of training including technical and environmental skills such as safe use of machines, ground working skills and safe use of pesticides, analytical and creativity skills; collaborative working; business skills; budgeting and communication; basic bookkeeping skills.
For more information, please visit Vicky Anderson Business Services and Training
If you would like to see your staff benefit from increased productivity and see increased staff retention, contact us. You can access up to 60% funding towards a range of training and consultancy.
In order to be eligible for support through this Programme you must:
- have business premises in the York, North Yorkshire, East Riding region (Craven, Harrogate, Hambleton, Richmondshire, Ryedale, Scarborough, Selby, York)
- be a Small to Medium Enterprise (SME): employ fewer than 250 full time equivalent staff and have either a turnover of less than €50 million, or a balance sheet of less than €43 million
This Programme is part funded by the European Social Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020.
For more information on these programmes, get in touch and we’ll connect you to the expertise and resources you need.
DJ Assembly, a thriving independent business, has secured a maximum grant of £20,000 from the Made Smarter programme. This funding will enable the company to acquire a Detech machine, a significant upgrade that will boost efficiency, productivity, and product quality.
Meld is a new community for people starting and running businesses in North Yorkshire. The team behind the project are building Meld to be a melting pot of ideas, support, advice, nice people and cool businesses. We hope this becomes a place you come to mix. connect. belong… and build.
14th December 20239:30 am - 11:00 amFREE
This free session for North Yorkshire SMEs will provide you with a space to share new ideas, solve problems, and connect with like-minded businesses. You will also get the chance to speak with specialists about support for your business.
04th January 202410:00 am - 4:00 pmFREE
Creative business owners in Craven can now sign up for peer support in this new programme from Innovate Educate.
A free video toolkit to help growing food and drink businesses in York and North Yorkshire. Essential ingredients for food and drink business success.
A free screen tourism toolkit exploring the opportunities, showing best practice and connecting business with resources and support.