Brexit business information

The government’s business checker

Visit the government’s business checker here to identify the actions that your business needs to take.

This will provide all the information you need to be aware of, and what you need to do in regards to the new rules on areas such as:


Useful information

EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement Analysis

The West & North Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce have published a summary of the key points here from the new UK-EU Trade deal from a business perspective.


Sector Specific Actions and Guidance

These documents cover actions that you must take to ensure you are compliant with the new rules, covering the following sectors:

Aerospace, automotive, chemicals, construction, consumer goods, electronics and machinery, life sciences, metals and materials, professional business services, and retail.


Sign up for updates

Keep up to date with the latest Brexit business updates through the following channels:

  • York & North Yorkshire Growth Hub Newsletter
    Sign up to our regular newsletter, which includes updates on Brexit, as well as events and other news relevant to your business.

Get in contact for additional Brexit support

If you have used the government’s business checker tool and you require further information or additional support with the steps that your business needs to take, please use the contact form below or email


HR Support for Small Businesses

From recruitment to payroll to offboarding – there are several key responsibilities of a human resources department that keep a business running smoothly. Of course, many small businesses don’t have the capacity for an HR department and HR duties are often done by directors, managers, and administrators within the business. An HR department essentially manages