Businesses are encouraged to submit their tax return in York and North Yorkshire. HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) is reminding customers in Yorkshire and The Humber to get ready to meet the Self Assessment deadline.
Tax return deadlines in York and North Yorkshire
You can find out the tax return deadline for this year on the GOV.UK website. Businesses do not need to wait until the deadline to begin their tax return. Starting early means more time to access guidance and webinars to help complete the return and find out what tax they owe, so they can budget.
Myrtle Lloyd, HMRC’s Director General for Customer Services, said:
“There is still time to complete your tax return ahead of the deadline and there are videos and guidance available online to support you with your Self Assessment. Search ‘help with Self Assessment’ on GOV.UK to find out more”.
HMRC has produced guidance notes and YouTube videos to help customers understand how to complete their return quickly and easily. The free and secure HMRC app can be used to make Self Assessment payments. Alternative payment options include:
- paying through PAYE tax code (subject to eligibility);
- paying via online banking.
Those who are unable to pay their tax bill in full can access support and advice on GOV.UK. HMRC may be able to help by arranging an affordable payment plan, known as Time to Pay. Customers should try to do this online; go to GOV.UK for more information. Alternatively, they can contact the helpline.
Customers who are unsure if they need to file a tax return can visit GOV.UK to check if they need to send a Self Assessment tax return. People completing a tax return are at increased risk of falling victim to scams. Check HMRC scams advice on GOV.UK.
HMRC wants to help you get your tax right. Lots of information and support is available which includes:
- HMRC’s digital assistant, which will help you find information, and if you can’t find what you’re looking for you can ask to speak to an adviser.
- Guidance notes and help sheets and YouTube videos provide a wealth of information if you’re stuck or confused.
- Live webinars where you can ask questions or, if you can’t join, you can watch recorded webinars on demand.
- HMRC app and Personal Tax Account, where you can instantly find your Unique Taxpayer Reference, make a Self Assessment payment, get your National Insurance number and get your employment income and history for your tax return.
- Technical support for HMRC online services for help signing into online services.
- Email updates – subscribe to HMRC email updates so you don’t miss out on the latest information on Self Assessment.
- Social media updates – follow HMRC Twitter @HMRCcustomers to get the latest updates on Self Assessment services and useful reminders.
- If you need extra support to help your with Self Assessment you can contact a voluntary or community sector organisation who can provide you with help and advice, or you can get support directly from HMRC.
To find out more about the available financial and business support, contact the York & North Yorkshire Growth Hub directly either online or by calling Faye on our helpdesk for free on 0800 246 5045.
DJ Assembly, a thriving independent business, has secured a maximum grant of £20,000 from the Made Smarter programme. This funding will enable the company to acquire a Detech machine, a significant upgrade that will boost efficiency, productivity, and product quality.
Meld is a new community for people starting and running businesses in North Yorkshire. The team behind the project are building Meld to be a melting pot of ideas, support, advice, nice people and cool businesses. We hope this becomes a place you come to mix. connect. belong… and build.
Trimble Group CEO Toby Trimble has hailed ‘game-changing’ Richmondshire business support, which is helping them flourish.
The devolution deal for York and North Yorkshire is a major opportunity for our region’s businesses, so it’s important that you know how it’s progressing and what happens next.
Small and micro businesses in North Yorkshire can now apply for North Yorkshire Council’s Small Business Grants scheme by speaking to their local business support manager.
We are delighted to announce the addition of three new team members who will play a crucial role in supporting local businesses and entrepreneurs as business advisors for North Yorkshire.
Tadweld, a long-established welding and fabrication company based in Tadcaster, North Yorkshire, is pleased to announce the support it has received through the Made Smarter programme, including a £20k grant aimed at enhancing digital capabilities and fostering innovation within businesses.
Two Digital Transformation Days took place in Scarborough and Pickering, featuring expert insight from industry leaders. Hosted by York & North Yorkshire Growth Hub, around 50 businesses attended the free events. Coaches from Google Digital Garage led sessions on both days.
This scheme of business sustainability support includes several options for small and medium businesses including grants and fully funded audits.
Business owners and marketing managers in the Yorkshire Coast region are gearing up to take their digital offer to the next level as the York & North Yorkshire Growth Hub prepares to host two Digital Transformation Days, in collaboration with Google Digital Garage.
Harrogate Brewing Company, a family-owned business with a decade-long legacy, is celebrating a ‘six-fold increase’ in turnover with comprehensive support provided by the York & North Yorkshire Growth Hub.