Step Two of the Prime Minister’s COVID-19 roadmap is confirmed to begin on Monday 12 April. Here’s what businesses need to know about COVID restrictions easing:
1) All retail, self-contained accommodation, outdoor hospitality and indoor leisure can open. Read the roadmap for further info: bit.ly/RoadmapN
2) All hospitality and leisure venues in England are legally required to display an official NHS QR code poster. Check if this applies to you: https://faq.covid19.nhs.uk/article/KA-01183. Use the free government service to create a QR code for display in their venue: https://www.gov.uk/create-coronavirus-qr-poster
3) Everyone in England, including those without symptoms, will be able to take a free rapid coronavirus test twice a week from 9 April. Businesses in England can still apply for Workplace Testing until 12 April: https://www.gov.uk/get-workplace-coronavirus-tests
4) Businesses in England in the non-essential retail sector are eligible for one-off grants of up to £6,000, while businesses in the hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym sectors, are eligible for one-off grants of up to £18,000. More info: bit.ly/RGrantN
5) Businesses can now access loans varying in size from £25,000, up to a maximum of £10 million. Loans will include 80% government guarantee and interest rate cap. More info: bit.ly/RecoveryLoanN
Watch again – supporting the return to work webinar
With an increasing number of businesses reopening, you may be looking at how best to support your employee’s wellbeing as they return to the workplace. This webinar from the University of York aims to help managers with practical tools and support staff through change, and is available to watch on demand via our website.
Need help with what businesses need to know about COVID restrictions easing? We offer free expertise, support and resources to help your business grow.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our support pages: https://www.ynygrowthhub.com/how-we-can-help/coronavirus/
York & North Yorkshire LEP Kickstarter Danny talks about the benefits of the Kickstart Scheme for both businesses and young people.
York and North Yorkshire entrepreneurs of the future are being offered FREE places on an acclaimed start-up workshop to turn their hobbies and dreams into a business.
We have been increasingly delivering free business support through a range of digital channels in response to Covid-19. In May 2020, we formed a working group with North Yorkshire County Council and Make It York to roll out a pilot programme of free webinars.
17th September 202110:00 am - 3:00 pmFREE
Do you want to start your own business, but not sure where to begin? Join our free business course starting 6 September.
13th October 202110:00 am - 11:00 amFREE
This free webinar with Agricultural Business Training (ABT) will help you understand how income could be affected by change, what opportunities lie ahead in the agricultural industry, and where you can gain further information and support.
10th November 202110:00 am - 11:00 amFREE
This free webinar with Agricultural Business Training (ABT) will help you increase your basic farm business skills, financial knowledge and enable you to gain a better understanding of VAT categories and how to comply with future legislative changes.
This free webinar with the Home Office provides details of the new immigration system post Brexit, what it means for your business and for those living, working and studying in the UK
Ambitious businesses in York and North Yorkshire have the opportunity to come together and work collaboratively as part of our new Peer Networks programme.