Step Two of the Prime Minister’s COVID-19 roadmap is confirmed to begin on Monday 12 April. Here’s what businesses need to know about COVID restrictions easing:
1) All retail, self-contained accommodation, outdoor hospitality and indoor leisure can open. Read the roadmap for further info: bit.ly/RoadmapN
2) All hospitality and leisure venues in England are legally required to display an official NHS QR code poster. Check if this applies to you: https://faq.covid19.nhs.uk/article/KA-01183. Use the free government service to create a QR code for display in their venue: https://www.gov.uk/create-coronavirus-qr-poster
3) Everyone in England, including those without symptoms, will be able to take a free rapid coronavirus test twice a week from 9 April. Businesses in England can still apply for Workplace Testing until 12 April: https://www.gov.uk/get-workplace-coronavirus-tests
4) Businesses in England in the non-essential retail sector are eligible for one-off grants of up to £6,000, while businesses in the hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym sectors, are eligible for one-off grants of up to £18,000. More info: bit.ly/RGrantN
5) Businesses can now access loans varying in size from £25,000, up to a maximum of £10 million. Loans will include 80% government guarantee and interest rate cap. More info: bit.ly/RecoveryLoanN
Watch again – supporting the return to work webinar
With an increasing number of businesses reopening, you may be looking at how best to support your employee’s wellbeing as they return to the workplace. This webinar from the University of York aims to help managers with practical tools and support staff through change, and is available to watch on demand via our website.
Need help with what businesses need to know about COVID restrictions easing? We offer free expertise, support and resources to help your business grow.
Contact email@example.com or visit our support pages: https://www.ynygrowthhub.com/how-we-can-help/coronavirus/
Fourteen local businesses seem set for a great future. All fourteen have recently completed StriveLive, a two-month start-up incubator, with five businesses picking up awards and £2,500 in grant funding.
We are reaching out to you as valued businesses in York and North Yorkshire to publicise the consultation on the proposed York and North Yorkshire devolution deal.
29th November 2022FREE
With multiple dates in York and Harrogate, these fully funded workshops will help businesses involved in the tourism sector to plan for 2023, with Martin Evans of The Tourism Business. Benefit from dedicated group coaching with this fully funded tourism business booster for hospitality businesses in York & Harrogate.
29th November 20222:00 pm - 4:00 pmFREE
In this session, Ian Walker of Ian Walker & Co. Chartered Accountants will consider why having a tight grasp on your numbers and trading performance is important. Not only historic results but also on projection and budgets. He will detail how to compile such figures and how to interpret them, and also touch upon how good financials (numbers) leads to better decision making.
30th November 2022FREE
The Growth Hub is proud to be amongst the organisers of this year's expanded York Business Festival, with a week of events as part of a wider programme of activity throughout November. Read on to learn what will be available through the Growth Hub and other organisations.
We have recently hosted a programme of in-person seminars and other events, some of which were professionally recorded and can now be viewed on our website.
This workshop will provide guidance on cost based pricing, calculating your costs before deciding an appropriate margin, as well as covering market based pricing asking questions such as: What value do you add? What are you worth? How do you position yourself?
Getting into the right habits early on in your business journey will make life easier as the business grows and you find yourself under more time pressure. This workshop with business coach Gareth Allen will pose some useful questions to ask yourself, and give you some ideas to get the basics right.