Help to Grow supports senior managers of small and medium sized businesses to boost their business’ performance, resilience, and long-term growth. Businesses in York & North Yorkshire can benefit from 50 hours of in-depth training, 1:1 business mentoring, and the opportunity to grow their business, fast.
The 12-week programme is 90% funded by the Government, so the fee payable by you is £750. Plus, it has been designed to allow you to complete it alongside full-time work.
Delivered by leading universities in the region, the in-depth high quality curriculum will support you to build your capabilities in leadership, innovation, digital adoption, employee engagement, marketing, responsible business, and financial management. By the end of the programme you will develop a business growth plan to help you lead your business to release its potential.
Eligibility for the programme
- Your business must employ a minimum of five people
- Your business must be at least one year old
- Participants must be strategic leaders or decision makers with at least one direct report
The programme is built around a practical curriculum that features:
- Eight facilitated online 2-hour sessions
- Four practical and interactive case study workshops
- One-to-one support from a mentor providing you with personalised support to develop your business growth plan
- Peer networking, including peer group calls that give you the opportunity to share experiences with a small group of other small business leaders
- Access to the Alumni Programme featuring events with inspirational speakers, business clinics and networking events
The programme will cover key areas of leadership including:
- Strategy and innovation
- Growing national and international markets
- Leading for high performance
- Building vision and brand
- Engaging and inspiring teams
- Creating customer value
- Adopting digital technology
- Adopting responsible business practices
- Financial management
- Enhance your management and strategic capabilities
- Produce a growth plan for your business
- Build resilience to future shocks
- Learn how to innovate in your business
- Adopt digital technologies to boost productivity and operational agility
- Develop your value proposition and reach into growth markets
- Improve employee engagement and responsible business practices
You can speak directly with our helpdesk to find out more about Help to Grow and discuss whether the programme is right for you.
Alternatively, you can find out more about the programme and available courses in our region at the Help to Grow website.