Apprenticeships and Traineeships
Want to know more?
Find more apprenticeships resources from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) here.
The Apprenticeship Hub’s team of advisers are on hand to offer free and wide ranging support for those wanting to take on apprentices.
The video below shows how working with the Apprenticeship Hub can help boost your business and workforce.
The Apprenticeship Hub can offer support such as how to recruit an apprentice, choosing the right apprenticeship standard, finding a suitable provider, accessing available levy funds and incentives, and setting up and using the apprenticeship digital account. We can also provide free support and training for leadership and management teams, and pre-apprenticeship and wraparound support for apprentices, by offering a range of bespoke training courses and qualifications delivered by our expert skills providers.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have a premises in York, North Yorkshire or the East Riding (Craven, East Riding, Harrogate, Hambleton, Richmondshire, Ryedale, Scarborough, Selby, York).
- Be an SME (employ fewer than 250 FTE staff, and have either a turnover of less than €50 million, or a balance sheet of less than €43 million).
- Be aged 16 or over, and have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
- Ensure the activity is delivered in the region.
This Programme is part funded by the European Social Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020.
T Levels have been designed to prepare students aged 16-18 with the technical skills your business needs now and in the future. They combine classroom studies with an industry placement. The benefits for your business include:
- Cost effective channel for recruitment.
- Solution for entry level jobs.
- Develop young people into your industry/business.
- Provide extra help with on-site projects.
- Provide opportunities for existing staff to develop management and mentoring skills.
- Provide fresh ideas and new perspective.
For more information on these programmes, get in touch and we’ll connect you to the expertise and resources you need.
DJ Assembly, a thriving independent business, has secured a maximum grant of £20,000 from the Made Smarter programme. This funding will enable the company to acquire a Detech machine, a significant upgrade that will boost efficiency, productivity, and product quality.
Meld is a new community for people starting and running businesses in North Yorkshire. The team behind the project are building Meld to be a melting pot of ideas, support, advice, nice people and cool businesses. We hope this becomes a place you come to mix. connect. belong… and build.
14th December 20239:30 am - 11:00 amFREE
This free session for North Yorkshire SMEs will provide you with a space to share new ideas, solve problems, and connect with like-minded businesses. You will also get the chance to speak with specialists about support for your business.
04th January 202410:00 am - 4:00 pmFREE
Creative business owners in Craven can now sign up for peer support in this new programme from Innovate Educate.
A free video toolkit to help growing food and drink businesses in York and North Yorkshire. Essential ingredients for food and drink business success.
A free screen tourism toolkit exploring the opportunities, showing best practice and connecting business with resources and support.