Want to know more about the funding and support available to support your manufacturing or tech projects? In this workshop, you will learn about funding schemes such as R&D Tax Credits and Made Smarter that could help you grow and develop your business. The workshop will be delivered by Leyton, Innovate UK EDGE and the Growth Hub.
What will the event be about?
The morning will include presentations from Leyton, Innovate UK EDGE and a member of the Growth Hub team specialising in the Made Smarter Programme.
Leyton : Enabling cash flow through tax relief incentives
Leyton will introduce you to the R&D Tax Credit initiative, and discuss how manufacturers and energy intensive industries can reduce their energy bill through exemptions and making the most of capital allowances.
The expert teams at Leyton help improve business performance by simplifying access to a wide range of complex financial incentives including R&D Tax Credits, Research and Development
Allowances, Capital Allowances, Energy Tax Reliefs, Patent Box, Grants, Land Remediation
Relief and Creative Industries Tax Reliefs.
The R&D Tax Credits scheme allows businesses in the engineering industry to reduce their corporate tax bill or receive a tax refund based on a proportion of their R&D expenditure. The scheme can be used by any limited
company that is liable for corporation tax in the UK and meets the necessary R&D criteria; it can even be used on unsuccessful projects. The work that qualifies for R&D tax relief must be part of a specific project which aims to make an advance in its field.
If you are developing a new process, a new product or
service, or perhaps even improving an existing one, R&D Tax
Credits provide an often vital cash injection for businesses.
Since 2010, Leyton have helped thousands of clients successfully
claim more than £1 billion in R&D tax relief.
Innovate UK EDGE
Innovate UK EDGE are the UK innovation agency’s resource for innovative businesses from any sector who are ambitious to grow further and scale.
Helping innovation-led businesses of less than 500 employees accelerate their growth by providing intensive, bespoke support to high potential innovators through dedicated innovation and growth specialists, this support is funded by Innovate UK.
Andy Taylor will be be giving an overview of their approach to innovation management coaching and the kind of companies they work with. He will also talk through some of the Innovate UK competitions and other grants that they have access to.
Activity is focussed on ambitious companies who want to unlock their innovation management and/or internationalisation potential to sustain or achieve high-growth. Eligible companies will typically have access to between 5 – 12 days of specialist support over a 4 – 6 month period, receiving a package of one-to-one, tailored coaching and mentoring aimed at:
- Developing business models and planning for growth.
- Becoming investment ready and securing funding and finance.
- Development and implementation of practical innovation management processes.
- Enabling structured innovation and commercialisation activity.
- Connections to high quality specialist advice, support and facilities.
- Identification and access to new markets, both nationally and internationally.
- Help to navigate supply chain issues and assistance with public sector procurement.
Mike Pennington from the Growth Hub will be available to introduce himself, his role within the Growth Hub and the Made Smarter Programme
Made Smarter was created following an industry-led review of how UK manufacturing industries can prosper through digital tools and innovation.
The Review made 4 key recommendations:
- LEADERSHIP – More ambitious, informed, and focused leadership for digitalisation. Find out about our Leadership training.
- ADOPTION – More widespread adoption of technology across supply chains, especially amongst SME makers. We understand that adopting new technology can be daunting but we can support you throughout your journey to digitalisation. Find out about our trusted adoption advice.
- INNOVATION – Faster innovation and creation of new tech, new companies and value-streams. We have a mission: to build a digital innovation ecosystem that funds and supports UK innovators and manufacturers. Find out about Made Smarter innovation.
- SKILLS – Upskilling workforces and identifying future skills. We can support your organisation and workforce to get the very most from digital tools and help you begin your journey towards digitalisation. Find out about our skills support.
Date and Venue
This event will take place on Thursday 10th November, 10am-12pm at Westminster Business Centre (York Business Park, 10 Great N Way, Nether Poppleton, York YO26 6RB)
About the speakers
Leyton is an international consulting firm that helps businesses leverage financial incentives to accelerate their growth and achieve long-lasting performance. Their consultants simplify access to complex incentives. Combined teams of highly skilled Tax and Technical specialists enhanced with cutting-edge digital tools maximise the financial and non-dilutive benefit for all types of businesses and organisations. With compliance always front of mind, Leyton have been delivering optimal services for our clients for 24 years. This provides peace of mind that you will always receive the maximum benefit, without taking risks’
The talk will be delivered by Benjamin Sayer and Matthew Davidson. Matthew is the Head of Business Development in Manchester and has been with the company for 2 and a half years. Benjmain is the the Business Development Manager for Yorkshire/Humberside and the North East and has 3 years of experience within the financial services market.
Andy Taylor, Innovate UK EDGE
Andy is Team Leader at Innovate UK EDGE in Yorkshire & Humber. He is a Materials Scientist and Nanotechnologist and worked in both R&D and product development roles within the silicon processing and anti-counterfeiting industries respectively. He has been working with innovative companies in Yorkshire for over 14 years helping them to access funding and become better innovators. His team has a wealth of experience across a number of business disciplines and sectors and will be happy to talk about how innovation management coaching can help your business grow along with the finance options that are on offer.
Places are limited, so please register your interest early to avoid disappointment.
If you are interested in participating, please fill in the form on this page and we will be in contact with you. If you would like to know more, please contact email@example.com