FREE online event: 20 October 2021, 9:30am – 4:30pm | Organised by Innovate UK and KTN
Brought to you as part of the York & North Yorkshire Local Enterprise Partnership’s Festival of Engagement
If you are running a business and wish to go one step further with your ideas and innovation, join this event and open the door to limitless opportunities.
About this event
Innovate UK’s Innovate Local programme collaborates with local stakeholders to create an event that aligns with regional innovation strengths and priorities while engaging local businesses that may not have access to the support before. This year, Innovate UK are aligning with the strengths and priorities of York and North Yorkshire, which we know other areas across the region share.
As part of the York & North Yorkshire Local Enterprise Partnership’s Festival of Engagement, we are working in partnership with Innovate UK to deliver this free full-day online event.
The Innovate Local Programme is a suite of regional engagement events that promote Innovate UK and UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) objectives. They work with local stakeholders to create an event that addresses regional innovation priorities and workshops to help businesses learn more about the grants and innovation process.
The event programme for Innovate Local is created by Innovate UK and delivered with KTN in partnership with Innovate UK EDGE, York & North Yorkshire Growth Hub, University of York and the Agri-tech Centres.
Although the programme covers a full day, you will be able to book your place for individual workshops if you prefer.
- 9:30am – Introduction to National and Local Business Research and Innovation Support with Dean Cook and Lee Viney of Innovate UK, Amanda Selvaratnam of University of York, and Andrew Raby of the York & North Yorkshire Growth Hub
- 10:40am – Networking break
- 11:00am – Experiencing the Journey: the challenges and rewards of innovation with Clive Blacker of Map of Ag, Dr Casey Woodward of AgriSound, and Nigel Banks of ilke Homes
- 12:45pm – Networking lunch
- 1:30pm – Innovate UK Funding to Drive AgriFood Innovation with Simon Batty of AgriFood KTN
- 1:30pm – BioVale/Biorenewables Development Centre Introduction with Helen Shiels of the Biorenewables Development Centre
- 2:15pm – Innovate UK EDGE Innovation & Growth Service with Andy Taylor of Innovate UK EDGE
- 2:15pm – Meet your talents: Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) with Ian Blakemore of KTN
- 2:15pm – Lending and Investor Partnerships with Nigel Walker of Innovate UK
- 3:15pm – Map your Route to Accelerate your Business Growth with John Bound of KTN
- 3:15pm – Business Growth: Have I Got New For You with the York & North Yorkshire LEP and York & North Yorkshire Growth Hub
- 3:15pm – PAPI Innovation Grant Offer with Matthew Kirk of University of York
To get the help you need to grow your business and to:
- Become more productive
- Develop a new idea and direction
- Access funding opportunities
- Access networks and find new partners
At this event, you will:
- Find out about the local economic priorities and the growth opportunities for businesses developing new ideas across York and North Yorkshire
- Hear from and meet with national and local support agencies. They can help you form collaborative partnerships, access funding and finance, and develop skills and talent for your business
- Hear from local businesses about their innovation journeys and network with potential partners and clients to fast track your new ideas and innovate
- Have the opportunity to network and engage with businesses, organisations, and agencies offering support
This event will take place online, and features a full-day programme. When registering, you are able to book your place for individual sessions rather than the full day, depending on your preference.
You can find out more and sign up by clicking on the link below. A direct link to the event will be sent to you closer to the time.
Go back to events.